If you want to relieve the possible financial burden to your family, you could choose a pre-payment plan for your funeral. You can pay in instalments or a lump sum and choose the type of funeral you would like. You can arrange pre-payment through W Case and Partners, or some insurance companies will provide plans, and there are also funeral plan companies. Please talk to us about the plans we have available.
Before choosing a plan through any source, please ask:
- How many instalments will I have to pay?
- Can I afford the monthly payments?
- Can I make changes to the plan?
- Does the plan cover everything I need?
- What happens if the plan company stops trading?
- What happens if I die before I finish paying for my plan?
Make sure your relatives know about your wishes, and how to access the paperwork relating to them. If you have pre-paid your funeral costs, make sure your family knows about this.
The best way to ensure that all your wishes are carried out is to leave details in your will. Keep a copy of your will at home, and make sure a close relative or friend knows where to find it.